How to Use myChevrolet App
Putting power in your hands, the myChevrolet mobile app allows you to send remote commands to your Chevrolet vehicle from your compatible smartphone. You’ll be able to turn your vehicle’s engine on or off, as well as make service appointments, view your billing history, view instructional videos, and so much more. It’s the perfect complement to your brand-new vehicle.
Downloading the myChevrolet App
How it Works
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll need to sign in with a username and password. If you sign in with an email that also corresponds to your OnStar account, you’ll be able to link your accounts, which lets you access your connected features through the app.
Can I use myChevy app without OnStar?
You will need to use OnStar with your myChevrolet app. The vehicle access features of myChevrolet require an active OnStar plan — whether it’s the free Basic Plan or one of the paid subscriptions. It also requires the user to download the app, create an OnStar user ID and password, and log into myChevrolet.
For your convenience, you can customize your myChevrolet mobile app by arranging the list of features on the app’s dashboard in any order you choose. Here’s how:
- Select “Edit Dashboard” at the bottom of the app’s home screen.
- To hide or make dashboard features visible, uncheck or check the features respectively.
- To rearrange the order of the features, hold down the three bars to the right of the feature and drag the features to your desired location.
- Once you’re done, make sure you tap the save button on the top right corner of the Edit Dashboard screen and exit the edit function.
myChevrolet App Features
With the Connected Access Plan, these are some of the most exciting features you’ll be able to access:
- Billing History (NEW): You can review your Connected Services and OnStar billing history through the Account section of your app.
- My Chevrolet Rewards: You can view your available point balance, access account, enroll in My Chevrolet Rewards to automatically link to your OnStar and Connected Services account.
- 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot: You can manage your hotspot by changing your its name and password, as well as purchasing data plans.
- Chevrolet Smart Driver: With this feature (available for 2015 model year and newer vehicles), you can gain insights into your driving habits, access a quick view of hard braking and acceleration events, view select events from a recent trip on a map or timeline, and check your eligibility for auto insurance discounts from participating insurance carriers based on good driving habits.
- And so much more!
Chevy Dealer Near Me
Visit us at Apple Chevrolet, your Chevy Tinley Park, to learn more about Chevrolet Connected Services through the myChevrolet App or test drive one of the many brand-new Chevy vehicles equipped with the myChevrolet system. The search for a “Chevy dealer near me” ends here at the best Chevy dealer.