Holiday Driving Tips
The holidays are not necessarily the most fun time to do a lot of driving. Over the holiday season, there will be more traffic and a chance for bad weather. The holidays are the last time you want to have car trouble or get in a car accident. To be sure you stay safe this holiday season, we here at Apple Chevy have compiled a list of our top holiday driving tips.
- Get a Vehicle Checkup – Car trouble is never convenient, but if your car breaks down on the way to a holiday celebration, that could be extra annoying. To try to prevent this from happening, get a check up for your vehicle before you leave on your holiday road trip. If you would like to schedule a service appointment at Apple Chevy, you can do so here.
- Know Your Route – Being prepared is one way to stay safer as you are driving for the holidays. There will be extra traffic over the holiday season, so be sure you know your route before you drive away. You can also pack a map or GPS to help you in case you get lost.
- Check the Weather – Over the winter holiday season weather can be an issue when driving. Snowy and icy roads are not that fun to drive on, so be sure to check the weather before you head out on your road trip. There may be certain roads to avoid because of bad weather, and you will want to know that in advance.
- Pack an Emergency Kit – As discussed above, winter weather can be an issue, so be prepared for it by packing an emergency kit. In your emergency kit, you will want to include a flashlight, blankets, sand or salt for your tires, and maybe food or beverages. It will be good to have an emergency kit in case you have car trouble this holiday season.
- Leave in Plenty of Time – If you are worried about traffic or weather this holiday season, leave earlier than you think you need to. Hurrying through traffic is not fun or safe.
- Enjoy Yourself – Most importantly, have fun this holiday season! Don’t let holiday driving stress you out or ruin your holidays.
The holidays can be stressful enough without having car trouble. Be prepared and follow these holiday driving tips to stay safe this holiday season. At Apple Chevy, we want you to be safe driving this holiday season. That is why we offered you these holiday driving tips. Apple Chevy is your Tinley Park Chevy dealer. We have a wide selection of Chevy models for sale, and we have a great Chevy service department if you need to give you vehicle a tune up before you hit the roads this holiday season.
Have a fun and safe holiday from Apple Chevy!