How to Replace a Key Fob Battery
Has your Chevy key fob been slow to react lately? Do you have to push the buttons really hard or several times before it works? Or maybe the key has died out completely. We’re here to help with your key fob battery replacement. The process of learning how to replace a key fob battery is an easy way to regain all of the handy functions that make Chevy ownership so special. Not sure how to change the battery in the key fob? Just follow the simple steps laid out below. Stop into Apple Chevrolet Tinley Park today for more Chevy tips!
Things You’ll Need to Replace Your Key Fob Battery
Before you begin the process of changing the battery in your Chevy key fob, there are a few things you’ll need to make sure you have ready first. Of course, the first thing you’ll need is a replacement battery. That’s the CR2025 battery, which you can get online or at a local hardware or electronics store. To open your Chevy key fob, you’ll also need a small flathead screwdriver. Once you have everything, you’re ready to replace your Chevy key fob battery.
How to Replace your Chevrolet Key Fob Remote Battery
It can make a major difference when you’re able to start your day in a vehicle that’s been warmed up in the winter or cooled down during the warmer months. With your Chevy remote start key fob, remote start is at your fingertips. And changing a key fob battery can be a total lifesaver if it dies out. Here’s how to do it:
- Gently insert a flathead screwdriver into the small slot on the side of the key fob. Twist it to open the key fob.
- Before you remove the battery, make note of which direction the positive and negative sides face. Carefully slide out the current battery and replace it with a fresh CR2032 button cell battery.
- Press the key fob back together and enjoy your remote start capabilities!
How to Replace your Chevrolet Smart Keyless Entry Remote Battery
If you have a recent model year Chevy that offers Remote Keyless Entry, just follow these simple steps to replace the battery:
- Press the chrome button on the side to be able to pull out the metal key.
- Open the key fob and remove the circuit board and buttons.
- Once you can see the old battery, remove it using a small flathead screwdriver.
- Install a new CR2032 3V battery, making sure that the positive side matches the position of the old battery.
- Replace the components you removed from your key fob, and you’re all set!
Visit Apple Chevrolet!
Looking for a Chevy dealer near me? At Apple Chevy, you can find new and used Chevys for sale, as well as receive excellent service for all of your automotive needs. While we are located in the beautiful suburb of Tinley Park, we serve residents throughout Cook County and the surrounding collar counties. We are the best choice when looking for a Tinley Park Chevy Dealer and are proud to call those residents our customers. Visit us today for more assistance with changing your Chevy key fob battery!